users > CMTK on windows
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
May 4, 2016  04:05 PM | Greg Jefferis
CMTK on windows
Dear Torsten,

I am trying to run CMTK on Windows (installed from CMTK-3.3.1-Windows-AMD64.exe) . I am running into mysterious problems when using registrations that I suspect may be related to line ending incompatibilities. The registrations have been used extensively on mac/linux. For example

I am running a command like:

"C:\Program Files\CMTK-3.3\CMTK\lib\cmtk\bin\dof2mat" dofv1.1wshears.list

Error message upon test: The file/directory dofv1.1wshears.list does not exist or cannot be read 

Running the command on mac with the same input gives no error:

cmtk dof2mat dofv1.1wshears.list

0.993768 0.0124334 0.102914 0
0.0997405 1.10394 0.405566 0
0.0778013 -0.0620696 1.19004 0
100 50 50 1

Do you have any idea what is going on?

With many thanks,

Greg.
May 5, 2016  05:05 AM | Torsten Rohlfing
RE: CMTK on windows
Hi Greg -

I don't have an answer from the top of my head, but two things:

1. If this is a problem with line endings, then changing them from whatever they are in the problem file to the respective other alternative (e.g., Windows-to-Unix or Unix-to-Windows) should make the problem disappear, or at least change CMTK's reaction.

2. For an immediate fix, you could try using the Cygwin binaries instead of the VS build. Coincidentally, I recommend that anyway, because the Cygwin tools are compiled with gcc, which supports OpenMP, whereas the version you are using was compiled with the free VS edition, which does not. Since CMTK uses OpenMP extensively, you should see substantially better multi-CPU support in the Cygwin binaries.

Best,
  Torsten
May 12, 2016  06:05 AM | Greg Jefferis
Thanks, Torsten. I was able to get the Cygwin binaries to work but there was quite a bit of faffing about.

See https://github.com/jefferis/nat/tree/dev...

Any pointers if some of this is unnecessary would be very welcome.

Best, Greg.

May 13, 2016  03:05 AM | Torsten Rohlfing
Hi Greg -

I never felt that Cygwin was a major inconvenience, but then maybe that's because I'd think that running CMTK from a Cygwin shell is much more convenient than that pesky Windows cmd.

As for the need to copy the Cygwin DLLs, wouldn't it be enough to add the directory that they're in to the system PATH?

Best,
  Torsten