dke-questions > MAC OSX Installation
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Oct 21, 2016  02:10 PM | N Senn
MAC OSX Installation
Dear All,

I am attempting to install DKE on OSX. I have downloaded the required MCR. At this point I am stuck and I cannot find any instructions in the install package or online. 

Please can anyone provide a link to any instructions on how to install the DKE from the point of downloading the OSX install package or provide me with some instruction. 

Many thanks, 

Nick
Nov 21, 2016  02:11 PM | Emilie McKinnon - MUSC
RE: MAC OSX Installation
Dear Nick, 

Open a terminal cd to the folder that contains the executable dke. Run dke with ./run_dke.sh

I added an example DKE_parameters file to get you started. Let me know if you are interested in outputting the tensors, this is currently not possible with the mac version.

I apologize in the tardiness of this response.

Best, 
Emilie
Sep 11, 2017  02:09 AM | Meg Spriggs - University of Auckland
Hello,

To follow up on this question, I am also having problems getting DKE to run on my Mac. 
I have installed the compiler (R2013b) and have run the command you suggested. 
If I click on the dke application, it starts to open but then promptly shuts itself down. Is there anything else I need to do? 

Thanks for your help, 

Kindest Regards,
Meg
Sep 11, 2017  05:09 PM | Kirk Feindel - University of Western Australia
Hi Meg,

As an example, you can execute run_dke.sh on a mac like this:

~/Desktop/DKE/run_dke.sh /Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v82 ./DKEParameters.dat

In this case the DKE folder is just sitting on the Desktop, and usually I keep the dataset-specific parameters file with the dataset, and execute from the dataset directory, hence the "./DKEParameters.dat"

Cheers,

Kirk
Sep 11, 2017  08:09 PM | Meg Spriggs - University of Auckland
Hello Kirk,

Thank you for your reply.
Sorry I was being silly and was expecting a GUI to open. But I understand that you don't have a GUI for Mac or Linux, is that correct?
Thanks for your help,
Regards,
Meg
Nov 14, 2017  07:11 PM | Luis Alvarado - University of Louisville
Hi all,

I am having the same issue with the GUI. 
Originally posted by Meg Spriggs:
Hello,

To follow up on this question, I am also having problems getting DKE to run on my Mac. 
If I click on the dke application, it starts to open but then promptly shuts itself down. Is there anything else I need to do? 

Thanks for your help, 

Kindest Regards,
Meg
Nov 14, 2017  07:11 PM | Corinne McGill - MUSC
Hello Luis and Meg,

The Mac version of DKE does not have a GUI. You will need to open a terminal and cd to the folder that contains the executables. Run dke with ./run_dke.sh.

I hope this helps!
-Corinne
Originally posted by Luis Alvarado:
Hi all,

I am having the same issue with the GUI. 
Originally posted by Meg Spriggs:
Hello,

Thanks for your help, 

Kindest Regards,
Meg