help > Denoising Error, Updating Analysis variables
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 21, 2016  04:11 PM | William Agler - Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Denoising Error, Updating Analysis variables
Hello,

I receive this denoising error during step 6/6, updating analysis variables : 

ERROR DESCRIPTION:

Index exceeds matrix dimensions.
Error in conn_process (line 1712)
else CONN_x.vvAnalyses(ianalysis).regressors.(optionsnames{n2}){n1}=initial.(optionsnames{n2}){n1};
Error in conn_process (line 27)
case {'preprocessing_gui','denoising_gui'}, disp(['CONN: RUNNING DENOISING STEP']); conn_process([1.5,2,6:9],varargin{:});
Error in conn (line 3729)
else conn_process('denoising_gui');
Error in conn_menumanager (line 119)
feval(CONN_MM.MENU{n0}.callback{n1}{1},CONN_MM.MENU{n0}.callback{n1}{2:end});
CONN v.17.a
SPM8 + Beamforming DEM FieldMap MEEGtools wfupickatlas
Matlab v.2014b
storage: 918.5Gb available
Warning: Contents.m overloaded by version in folder C:\Users\agl4cj\Documents\fieldtrip-20161115

I've examined my setup information to try and identify any missing information but have not been able to find anything. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Nov 23, 2016  03:11 AM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Denoising Error, Updating Analysis variables
Hi William,

I am not exactly sure about this one, it may be an issue with the compatibility with older CONN projects, would you mind sending me your conn_*.mat file so that I can better diagnose this?

Thanks
Alfonso
Originally posted by William Agler:
Hello,

I receive this denoising error during step 6/6, updating analysis variables : 

ERROR DESCRIPTION:

Index exceeds matrix dimensions.
Error in conn_process (line 1712)
else CONN_x.vvAnalyses(ianalysis).regressors.(optionsnames{n2}){n1}=initial.(optionsnames{n2}){n1};
Error in conn_process (line 27)
case {'preprocessing_gui','denoising_gui'}, disp(['CONN: RUNNING DENOISING STEP']); conn_process([1.5,2,6:9],varargin{:});
Error in conn (line 3729)
else conn_process('denoising_gui');
Error in conn_menumanager (line 119)
CONN v.17.a
SPM8 + Beamforming DEM FieldMap MEEGtools wfupickatlas
Matlab v.2014b
storage: 918.5Gb available
Warning: Contents.m overloaded by version in folder C:\Users\agl4cj\Documents\fieldtrip-20161115

I've examined my setup information to try and identify any missing information but have not been able to find anything. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Nov 28, 2016  06:11 PM | William Agler - Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Hey Alfonso,

Thank you for your reply. Attached is the conn_*.mat file as requested. Please let me know if you may need anything else. I'll work on it on my end as well.

Thanks,
William
Attachment: conn_project01.mat
Jan 10, 2019  09:01 AM | Nick Fallon
Hello,

I am suffering from the same problem here. I am getting the same error as William mentioned and have tried running through older versions of CONN to no avail.  Strangely, I can run the denoising step if I do not select voxel-voxel options but I need these and when I include it breask down at the final stage. I was wondering if anyone could shed any further light on how to resolve this issue in denoising?

Many thanks,

Nick

ERROR DESCRIPTION:

Index exceeds array bounds.
Error in conn_process (line 1830)
Error in conn_process (line 28)
Error in conn (line 5086)
else conn_process('denoising_gui'); ispending=false;
Error in conn_menumanager (line 120)
CONN v.17.b
SPM12 + DEM FieldMap MEEGtools wfupickatlas
Matlab v.2018a
storage: 1725.8Gb available
spm @ C:\programs\SPM12
conn @ C:\programs\conn18a\conn
Jan 10, 2019  05:01 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
Hi William&Nick,

Sorry about that. I believe this issue appears in some cases when updating projects older than 15.h to releases newer than 17.a (when there was a somewhat major update to the way we organize voxel-to-voxel analyses). In general, if you encounter this issue and do not have any voxel-to-voxel analyses defined in your project, or if you can live with simply repeating your existing voxel-to-voxel analyses after the update, then simply typing:

conn('set','vvAnalyses.regressors',conn_v2v('empty'));
   conn_process denoising_finish;
   conn save;

after loading your project in any of the newer versions of CONN should fix this issue. 

If, on the other hand, you really would prefer to try keeping your existing voxel-to-voxel analyses, that requires a little of manual editing since it all depends a bit on the specificities of your existing project:

@William: I have gone ahead and done those changes for the conn*.mat file that you provided (the modifications are in the attached file). Please let me know if you still run into any issues. With this you should be able to proceed normally and will still have access to your existing voxel-to-voxel analyses. The only limitation of this approach is that CONN will not allow you to add other/additional voxel-to-voxel analyses to this project

@Nick and anybody else encountering this same issue: if you prefer to follow this route please send me your conn_*.mat file and I will be happy to take a closer look and make these changes

Best
Alfonso
Attachment: conn_project01.mat