help > Conn17a Networks
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 28, 2016  06:11 PM | Humza Ahmed
Conn17a Networks
Is there a reference for how the included networks in CONN 17a are defined?
Dec 6, 2016  10:12 PM | Emmaly Owens
RE: Conn17a Networks
I too am curious about this. Since it seems the old "DMN" option was subsumed in the newest version of CONN under the new "networks" heading, I am wondering which nodes should be considered for DMN connectivity analyses.
Dec 7, 2016  02:12 PM | Humza Ahmed
All I have found so far is the following from the networks.info file:

ROIs defined from CONN's ICA analyses of HCP dataset (497 subjects)

I am still wondering if there is a published paper showing these ICA results
Dec 7, 2016  03:12 PM | Emmaly Owens
Here is what Alfonso said in April of this year; not sure what happened in the latest version of CONN:

"The dmn seed definitions in the 'dmn' file were defined from the coordinates reported in Fox et al. PNAS 2005 paper. These may be a bit outdated now, in the next CONN release we are hoping to add a more extensive set of seeds for the default-mode network as well as other networks of interest derived from Independent Component Analyses of the HCP dataset, which may prove more generalizable."
Dec 13, 2016  10:12 AM | Isabel Berwian
Dear Alfonso

It would be very helpful to get some more information on how the networks were created that are implemented in CONN. Is there a published reference for study including in the 497 subjects form HCP? Were they all healthy subjects?

Thank you very much in advance!

Isabel
May 2, 2017  10:05 AM | Rob McCutcheon - Institute of Psychiatry
Dear Alfonso and other users,

I was just wanting to check if there has been any more information made available regarding how the CONN networks were defined. Has anybody published using these ROIs?

Many thanks

Rob
Apr 4, 2018  01:04 PM | Jonathan Jones - University of Exeter
Hi there,

As the other users have indicated here, I too would really appreciate any additional information that can be provided about the network ROIs in Conn. It is a really useful addition to have, and I would really like to use it in my current analyses, but I wouldn't be able to use them appropriately without knowing a bit more about their origin, what they look like, and how they are used within Conn (is it a 10mm sphere in that location?)

Best wishes,
Jonathan 

Originally posted by Rob McCutcheon:
Dear Alfonso and other users,

I was just wanting to check if there has been any more information made available regarding how the CONN networks were defined. Has anybody published using these ROIs?

Many thanks

Rob
Jul 14, 2019  06:07 PM | juliepetersen
I would also appreciate an response to this question.
May 14, 2021  08:05 PM | Graham Little
Hi all,

I just randomly came across this forum.  We published in 2018 using these ROIs using a relatively simple ROI-to-ROI analysis.

If anyone is interested and needs a reference see Little, 2018 Brain Connectivity (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30289280...)

Hopefully this helps some who are interested.

Cheers,
Graham
Sep 9, 2021  03:09 PM | rinbl64
Helpful!

Thanks Graham!

/Rina