dke-questions > 2 b values for DKI
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 24, 2017  09:01 AM | Shi Li
2 b values for DKI
dear all:
I want to know is't possible for DKE to process DKI data with only two b-values[0,2000].the data was accured with GE and 15 directions.while the .bval file I get from dcm2niigui have 1B0 and 30 non-B0(2000),and the .bvec file have 30 different grident vectors,which made me confused.I run the DKE with the .bvec(user-defined) and b values[0 2000].and the process of runing is ok,but the processed maps have some problems.can anybody give me a help with this issue.

thanks for reading the question.
Jan 24, 2017  09:01 AM | Shi Li
RE: 2 b values for DKI
here is my .bval and .bvec files from dcm2niigui,and the KM map with problem.
Attachment: DKI.rar
Jan 25, 2017  02:01 PM | Emilie McKinnon - MUSC
RE: 2 b values for DKI
Dear Shi Li,

You will not be able to do DKI processing with a only 1 diffusion weighted image (b2000), there is a minimum of two. You could use your data in a standard DTI processing pipeline, although I would not recommend this, as your b-value is relatively high (you could do this with DKE but there are some other programs that might are build for this type of processing, such as diffusion toolkit or MRtrix). If you are trying to do tractography, I would suggest you look into CSD ( Constrained spherical deconvolution) to process data with only one B-value (using mrtrix).
Hope this helps,
Emilie