help > Surf Ice Overlap HELP
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Apr 14, 2017  02:04 PM | Davide Momi - Harvard Medical School
Surf Ice Overlap HELP
Hello all, 

I've recently started using Surf Ice to do my surface renderings and I really love it! It's great! 

I just had a question regarding the overlay function which give me some problems so far. Specifically when I add an overlay .nii image, Surf Ice does not allow me to change both the threshold (MIN and MAX) and the color. I mean that if I change those parameters the overaly suddenly disappear. Any tips about it? 

Thanks in advance 

Davide
Jun 2, 2017  08:06 PM | Chris Rorden
RE: Surf Ice Overlap HELP
You can overlay a statistical map in two ways, as described in the manual
 https://www.nitrc.org/plugins/mwiki/index.php/surfice:MainPage#Overlay_a_normalized_SPM_or_FSL_statistical_map
you can load an isosurface mesh, for example the motor_4t95mesh.mz3 that is included with the software. This has only one brightness defined with it, which was set when the mesh was created (e.g. with Advanced/ConvertVoxelwiseToMesh). The other option is to paint your background image with an overlay, for example adding the example image 'motor_4t95vol.nii.gz'. In this case you should be able to adjust the threshold levels. I can not replicate your problem, but I wonder if your image was pre-thresholded. Can you try loading the "BrainMesh_ICBM152Left.mz3" with File/Open and then loading 'motor_4t95vol.nii.gz' with overlay/add. Then try adjusting the min/max levels in the overlay window. Once you change the min or max value, hit the return key to apply the new threshold. This should help you troubleshoot how the software works. It might be worth examining your intended overlay image image MRIcroGL to check it is normalized to a standard template.