help > Loading surface objects
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts
Display:
Results per page:
May 22, 2017  12:05 PM | marionac
Loading surface objects
Hello, I have a segmentation file in .tif format that corresponds to only one label. However, when I load it into the 3D viewer it will create 255 labels automatically, which then cannot be erased.

Is there a way to say to how many labels the file corresponds to before loading?
May 22, 2017  04:05 PM | Zhi Zhou
RE: Loading surface objects
The number of label depends on the range of intensity in you segmentation file. If you only have one label, please make your file to be binary (0 for background, and 1 for labeled foreground).
May 23, 2017  06:05 PM | marionac
Oh, thank you! So, in that case, how could I load two different surf objects having both just one label?
Thanks again!
May 24, 2017  03:05 AM | Zhi Zhou
As I said, make your image file to be binary. Set background intensity to be 0, and both two surface object areas' intensity to be 1.
May 24, 2017  06:05 AM | marionac
I tried that (I converted the two surf objects to binary and loaded them indicating that I don't want to clear existing surf objects when loading the second one) but the second replaces the first one because they both get the same label 255.

So, I tried to change the color of the binary image keeping just two intensities, but I can't find the way to keep it as a binary image and change the color. Any advice on that?
May 24, 2017  05:05 PM | Zhi Zhou
You can combine two binary images into one. There is a plugin in Vaa3D you can try: "Plug-In" --> "Vaa3D_PluginInterface_Demos"--> "Multi_Image_Interface" --> "Add 2 images ..."
May 24, 2017  09:05 PM | marionac
Ok, yes, that should work.

Thanks!
-Mariona