sdm-help-list > SDM won't accept coordinates for a mask
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jun 2, 2017  05:06 PM | Aisling O'Neill
SDM won't accept coordinates for a mask
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a mask for a voxel (coordinates: -42 -58 -56), but SDM won't let me enter -56 as the z coordinate (it won't accept anything lower than -42). The voxel coordinates were identified through the usual SDM methods, and all the other coordinates that the analysis produced worked fine (granted, all the other z coordinates were greater than -42). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Aisling
Jul 24, 2017  12:07 PM | Anton Albajes-Eizagirre - FIDMAG - Germanes Hospitalaries
RE: SDM won't accept coordinates for a mask
Dear Aisling,

I am sorry for my late reply. I've been out of the office traveling for quite a while.

I am afraid you run into a bug of SDM Gui that we didn't know yet.

The bad new is that I don't think we'll be able to fix it any time soon (we are working on a completely new version of SDM). But the good new is that you can easily create the mask using the Batch Listing. In the Batch Listing text editor, you can type the following command:

# Creaete a mask from coordinates [0,0,0]
mask_name = mask coordinate, -42, -58, -56

And if you press the 'Play' button next to the label Batch Listing and the buttons depicting a folder and a cross it will run the batch list, including the create mask you just typed. Provided the coordinates are within the study mask you're using (set in the pre-processing stage), the command should create the mask you need. You can name it as fits you changing the 'mask_name' string.

Hope this helps and in time. Again, let me apologize for the delay.

Best,

Anton

Originally posted by Aisling O'Neill:
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a mask for a voxel (coordinates: -42 -58 -56), but SDM won't let me enter -56 as the z coordinate (it won't accept anything lower than -42). The voxel coordinates were identified through the usual SDM methods, and all the other coordinates that the analysis produced worked fine (granted, all the other z coordinates were greater than -42). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Aisling
Jul 24, 2017  01:07 PM | Aisling O'Neill
RE: SDM won't accept coordinates for a mask
Thanks Anton, that solved it!