dke-questions > Unexpected MATLAB expression error
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jun 22, 2017  04:06 PM | Riccardo De Feo
Unexpected MATLAB expression error
Hello,

I recently downloaded the kurtosis estimator and I'm experiencing a problem with the command line dke tool on Linux: whenever I try to run "./dke dke_parameters.dat" an error is returned:

Diffusional Kurtosis Estimator (DKE) version 2.6.0, November 2014
Error using dke (line 47)
Error: Unexpected MATLAB expression.

MATLAB:m_missing_operator

I'm trying to process nifty 4D volumes with the attached parameters file, while the gradient vectors file is a list of rows in the form of tab separated x y z coordinates. Following the b0 volume my diffusion data has 8 non-zero b-values and 15 directions for each b-value. I tried to tweak my parameters but I failed to see what I'm missing, so I would really appreciate if someone could help me figure out the cause of this issue.

Thank you

RDF
Attachment: dke_parameters.dat
Jun 26, 2017  03:06 AM | Kirk Feindel - University of Western Australia
RE: Unexpected MATLAB expression error
Running from a linux terminal is a bit different:

Open a terminal cd to the folder that contains the executables. Run dke with ./run_dke.sh path_to_matlab_compiler DKEParameters.dat
Jun 26, 2017  11:06 AM | Riccardo De Feo
Thank you for your response. I tried to use that script but regardless of that I keep running into the same error. These are the exact commands I tried:

./run_dke.sh ~/MATLABcomp/v717 dke_parameters.dat

And I tried setting up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable manually (still using bash) as

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/MATLABcomp/v717/runtime/glnxa64:~/MATLABcomp/v717/bin/glnxa64:~/MATLABcomp/v717/sys/os/glnxa64:~/MATLABcomp/v717/sys/java/jre/glnxa64/jre/lib/amd64/native_threads:~/MATLABcomp/v717/sys/java/jre/glnxa64/jre/lib/amd64/server:~/MATLABcomp/v717/sys/java/jre/glnxa64/jre/lib/amd64
export XAPPLRESDIR=~/MATLABcomp/v717/X11/app-defaults

then

./dke dke_parameters.dat

But in both cases I get:

Diffusional Kurtosis Estimator (DKE) version 2.6.0, November 2014
Error using dke (line 47)
Error: Unexpected MATLAB expression.

MATLAB:m_missing_operator

I don't think there is a problem with the MCR path, or I would simply get a "cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" error, as if I simply misspelled it.
Jun 26, 2017  02:06 PM | Kirk Feindel - University of Western Australia
If you can attach your 4D nifti and gradient vecs then I can try running on my computer.  Sometimes there are character issues in the parameter file when switching between windows/mac/linux platforms.
Jun 26, 2017  03:06 PM | Russell Glenn - Medical University of South Carolina
Totally agree Kirk. In this case it is in the DTI fitting method parameters:

dti_method.b_value = 200 400 600 800 1000 1500;

should be written as

dti_method.b_value = [200 400 600 800 1000 1500];

Super minor. Hopefully it will work with this change.

Best,

Russell
Jun 26, 2017  04:06 PM | Riccardo De Feo
That fixed it, thank you!