help > Using ROI volume viewer to show ROI stats
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Aug 9, 2017  03:08 PM | Ben Conrad
Using ROI volume viewer to show ROI stats
Hello, 
Thank you very much for your work on this toolbox and for this community. 

I am interested in using the ROI drawing display as a way to show ROI stats/values, using a colormap such as hot or jet. So for instance, I have created a single nifti volume that has some statistic value for all voxels within each ROI.  I then want to display this information with a scaled colormap in the ROI view. It doesn't look like the toolbox has the functionality at the moment, but I really like how the 3D ROI renderings look and think this would be of great value (plus I like working in Matlab!). 

My current attempt at a hack for this is to add the following couple lines in the BrainNet main script just after lines 271 (where you set the random colors of the ROIs):
EC.vol.roi.color = hot(246);
EC.vol.roi.colort = EC.vol.roi.color;

I have 246 ROIs (each with a unique statistical value).  The result of this is shown in the attached file. The toolbox rank orders the ROIs by value, thus the ROI map represents the ordering of lowest to highest values.  However, I am interested in doing this with a scaled color bar so that the actual magnitude of the stat value is displayed for each ROI. Is there some easy way to do this I am missing? 

Thanks!

-Ben Conrad
Attachment: BN246_mean_stat.jpg
Aug 9, 2017  04:08 PM | Ben Conrad
RE: Using ROI volume viewer to show ROI stats
Apologize for the double post. I just found that I can load the colormap I want using the "Load..." button in the ROI drawing pane. So, that prevents the need for the "hack" to the main code I described above. 

Now, I suppose I can create a custom colormap within matlab in which each ROI value/color is determined based on scaled colorbar, then load that text file using the "Load..." button.  Let me know if you have any other thoughts on this!  Thanks again!

-Ben Conrad