help > NBS not working in latest versions of MATLAB
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Sep 18, 2017  03:09 PM | Vasiliki Salvari
NBS not working in latest versions of MATLAB
Hi,
I was trying to use the NBS toolbox in the MATLAB version of 2015,2016 and unfortunately, it doesn't work. We have been using it in the 2013b version, but since we no longer have a license key for old versions of MATLAB we need the NBS to be compatible with at least 2015 version.
Does someone face the same problem?
Thanks
Sep 19, 2017  07:09 AM | Andrew Zalesky
Hi Vasiliki

The toolbox should work on all recent versions of Matlab, including 2017a.

For the 2016 versions and onward, the red progress bar might not appear in the GUI and a corresponding warning will appear at the command prompt. But this will not affect the validity of the results in any way at all. You can safely ignore the warning.

On some systems, it is important to provide the full (absolute) path to files, rather than relative paths. For example, rather than providing:

\SchizophreniaExample\designMatrix.txt

provide the full path:

C:\Users\Andrew\work\SchizophreniaExample\designMatrix.txt

Andrew

Originally posted by Vasiliki Salvari:
Hi,
I was trying to use the NBS toolbox in the MATLAB version of 2015,2016 and unfortunately, it doesn't work. We have been using it in the 2013b version, but since we no longer have a license key for old versions of MATLAB we need the NBS to be compatible with at least 2015 version.
Does someone face the same problem?
Thanks
Sep 19, 2017  08:09 AM | Vasiliki Salvari
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response. Indeed there is an error for the progress bar and I also used to put the full path as you recommend, but still, doesn't work. I have been trying to do it from other computers also for MATLAB 2015 and 2016 and still, I have the same problem. When I try the same data in the 2013 version the results are successfully revealed. Can you think of another idea why is this happening?

Thanks again for your time.
Sep 19, 2017  11:09 AM | Andrew Zalesky
Hi Vasiliki,

what is the error message that you get?

Perhaps send me your design matrix, connectivity matrices and contrast vector.

Andrew

Originally posted by Vasiliki Salvari:
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response. Indeed there is an error for the progress bar and I also used to put the full path as you recommend, but still, doesn't work. I have been trying to do it from other computers also for MATLAB 2015 and 2016 and still, I have the same problem. When I try the same data in the 2013 version the results are successfully revealed. Can you think of another idea why is this happening?

Thanks again for your time.