open-discussion > Question about developing software for1000FCP
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 13, 2017  01:11 PM | Richard Allen
Question about developing software for1000FCP
Hi all, I hope I have found the correct place to gather some information. Our company Bixal (I  will not link. I don't know the rules of this forum, but google search of 'bixal solutions' will lead you to a very real company based in fairfax, VA) has given a few of us developers some time to reach out and do a project for learning. In our research we came across the S3 datastore you all seem to use to aggregate data. 

One of the ideas we had was to help take some of this data, and create a web application to index, sort, and compare datasets based on metadata provided. From a developer point of view this has a few topics that we'd like to learn and are interesting for different members of the team.

My question/request is the following though, we're looking for a person(s) to help us understand how you are actually using this data. We are not subject matter experts and we have no clue if a tool like this would even be useful. If anyone was interested it could be as simple as a few emails or threads on a forum, or we could set up a short call as needed.

If this isn't the best place to find a contact like that, could anyone point us in the correct direction? We'd just like to make something helpful for someone, rather than a purely theoretical web application, that nobody would find useful!