open-discussion > DENOISING_bCheck parameters?
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 3, 2018  11:01 PM | Ryan H - UCLA
DENOISING_bCheck parameters?
Hi DTI experts,

This is my first time using DTIPrep, and I want to use the DENOISING_bCheck tool. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what value to set for the DENOISING_ParameterSet parameter. The default settings leave this parameter blank.

I've left the rest of the parameters with the default values. Is this advisable? My voxel size is 1.875 x 1.875 x 2.000.

I'm also using the SLICE_bCheck and INTERLACE_bCheck tools with default values for all of the parameters as well (with the exception of putting 'Yes' for Slice_bSubregionalCheck because this tutorial said to do so: https://www.slicer.org/w/images/a/a6/DTI...). Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you for your time and help!
Jan 3, 2018  11:01 PM | Rachel Steiner - University of Wisconsin - Madison
RE: DENOISING_bCheck parameters?
Hi Ryan,
Can you provide more information about your data? Such as number of diffusion directions, some demographic details like the species, age and whether it’s a clinical population or typical healthy individual? Also, what type of scanner was used - magnetic strength and manufacturer. When you look through the raw data in dtiprep, do you notice any inherent or consistent artifacts such as some cropped brain slices if the field of view cut off, for example, a few slices of the occipital lobe or do you see that the whole brain was included? Feel free to attach your xml of the setting you are using when you load the raw image and click “default” for the protocol. This will give me some info about the input data.

Thank you!

Rachel