dke-questions > bvec files
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Feb 5, 2018  03:02 PM | Live Eikenes
bvec files
Hi,

I have a dataset with b0, b1000 and b2000 that has been acquired with two averages. So the data is saved as follows:

First the b0 image, then 20 directions with b1000, then 20 directions with b2000, then next average with b0, 20 x b1000 and finally 20 x b2000. Can I use the data as is, or do I have to average the two acquisitions?

Thanks,
Live
Feb 5, 2018  03:02 PM | Corinne McGill - MUSC
RE: bvec files
Hello Live,

DKE will average the two acquisitions if your input images are in dicom format.

Thanks for using DKE!
Corinne
Feb 5, 2018  05:02 PM | Live Eikenes
Hi Corinne,

Thanks for your fast reply. 

But how will the bvec.dat files look like then? When making the bvec.dat files the 0 for the b0 is not supposed to be in the .dat file, but then I will have to have a 0 in the .dat file?

Best,
Live
Feb 12, 2018  04:02 PM | Corinne McGill - MUSC
Hi Live,

The following excerpt from the DKE User Manual should help answer your question.

Gradient Vectors
Select the gradient table from a list of available tables or specify a custom table. A custom table
can be a '.dat' or '.txt' file. Each row corresponds to a gradient vector [Gx, Gy, Gz]. When
specifying a custom table, remove gradients that could correspond to the B0 image [0, 0, 0].
When using a 4D NIfTi, make sure that the 4D order corresponds to the order of the gradient
table. If a DICOM set is used, DKE will order the images according to the information stored in
the DICOM tag-(0018, 0024) 'SequenceName'.

Thanks,
Corinne