help > ROI-to-ROI value extraction
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Feb 9, 2018  03:02 PM | Martin Klasen
ROI-to-ROI value extraction
Hi,

I would like to extract subject-wise ROI-to-ROI connectivity values for external use (SPSS). Does anybody know how to do this in CONN? I am using version 17b. 

Thank you,

Martin
Feb 9, 2018  08:02 PM | Greg Overbeek - University of Alabama at Birmingham
RE: ROI-to-ROI value extraction
Hello,

I too have been trying to do this, and I may have figured it out. If you look in the project folder, results/firstlevel, and in the specific analysis folder there should be .mat files that start with something like "resultsROI_Subject001_Condittion001". Load that, then there should be a variable Z. I'm not entirely sure, but that appears to be the connectivity values.

Does anyone know if the x,y,z coordinates listed in this file are the MNI coordinates for the center of the ROI? Or how big these ROI's are and if they are spherical. Ideally I'd like to view them in a separate program, but I have been unable to isolate the ROI's in atlas.nii

Best,

Greg
Originally posted by Martin Klasen:
Hi,

I would like to extract subject-wise ROI-to-ROI connectivity values for external use (SPSS). Does anybody know how to do this in CONN? I am using version 17b. 

Thank you,

Martin
Feb 14, 2018  10:02 AM | Martin Klasen
Hi Greg,

thanks a lot. Unfortunately, I did not find this folder in my project. However, there is another option. In the Results explorer, you can import the connectivity values as 2nd level covariates back into CONN (Import values button). Here you can also specify ROIs that are different from the clusters in the present contrast. After importing the values, switch back to the Setup tab, and there you find the subject-wise connectivity values.

Best,

Martin
Feb 14, 2018  06:02 PM | Greg Overbeek - University of Alabama at Birmingham
Martin,

Thanks! That worked, and these are the same values that I got through the method that I gave so that gives me reassurance that numbers are what I think they are. I believe that the file that I spoke about is created after you click on results explorer with the relevant second-level contrast designated.

Best,

Greg