help > MRIcron & MRIcroGL display
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Mar 26, 2018  04:03 PM | Kathleen Hupfeld - University of Florida
MRIcron & MRIcroGL display
In MRIcron, when I display some T1 images, in the "Multiple" display, the axial and coronal views are "smushed" in comparison to the sagittal view. Why is this the case? 

In MRIcroGL, when I try and display the same T1 image, if I double-click on the image in its folder and open with MRIcroGL, I get a cube-- in multi-planar view I get a 2D cube and in render I get a 3D cube. However, if I do File-->Open and select the T1, it displays correctly. Why is this the case? I cannot figure a way to go from the 3D cube to the correct T1 view if I open MRIcroGL by clicking on an image in its folder location.
Apr 24, 2018  06:04 PM | Chris Rorden
RE: MRIcron & MRIcroGL display
".
Originally posted by Kathleen Hupfeld:
In MRIcron, when I display some T1 images, in the "Multiple" display, the axial and coronal views are "smushed" in comparison to the sagittal view. Why is this the case? 

In MRIcroGL, when I try and display the same T1 image, if I double-click on the image in its folder and open with MRIcroGL, I get a cube-- in multi-planar view I get a 2D cube and in render I get a 3D cube. However, if I do File-->Open and select the T1, it displays correctly. Why is this the case? I cannot figure a way to go from the 3D cube to the correct T1 view if I open MRIcroGL by clicking on an image in its folder location.

It sounds like your image is anisotropic: the image has lower spatial resolution in one dimension than the other.  In MRIcron, the first checkboxes in the Preferences window allow you to determine how anisotropic images are displayed - they can be resliced, rotated to the nearest orthogonal, or shown exactly as they are stored on disk. If you click on the "Reorient images..." checkbox and reload it, you will see the voxels are now stretched. This is a consequence of your images having non-square images.

I have not seen the variation in MRIcroGL for loading an image with a double-click or a File. Can you tell me the version of MRIcroGL you are using and the operating system. You can get this by choosing the "About" menu, e.g. "MRIcroGL 64-bit OSX (Cocoa) v1.0.20180404 

Dr. Jenifer Juranek