help > Sliding window type
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Apr 10, 2018  08:04 AM | Aditya Jayashankar - USC
Sliding window type
Hello,

I was just wondering if the sliding windows employed in the latest versions of CONN follow,

a) a simple block nature, taking the entire chuck of the time series, OR

b) a similar type to the sliding windows with sigmoid edges (described by Dr. Calhoun), and used in dynamic functional connectivity analysis by Allen et al (2013)

I have tried to visualize the two types I have mentioned, and attached the image (Apologies for my drawing!).

I would just like to clarify this, to understand how the sliding window separation is done in the SETUP.

Thank you,
Aditya
Attachment: sliding window.png
Apr 18, 2018  10:04 AM | Aditya Jayashankar - USC
RE: Sliding window type
Originally posted by Aditya Jayashankar:
Hello,

I was just wondering if the sliding windows employed in the latest versions of CONN follow,

a) a simple block nature, taking the entire chuck of the time series, OR

b) a similar type to the sliding windows with sigmoid edges (described by Dr. Calhoun), and used in dynamic functional connectivity analysis by Allen et al (2013)

I have tried to visualize the two types I have mentioned, and attached the image (Apologies for my drawing!).

I would just like to clarify this, to understand how the sliding window separation is done in the SETUP.

Thank you,
Aditya

Hi,

If anyone could please tell me the type of window function used in CONN 17f during the SETUP, when you run temporal decomposition into sliding windows, it would really helpful.

I am confused whether CONN uses a simple rectangular filter, or a convolved rectangular and Gaussian (Allen et al, 2014), or a special type of tapering window (Tukey or Planck).

Thank you,
Aditya