dki-questions > MATLAB Runtime Compiler Installation Issue on Mac - DKE Not Working
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
May 17, 2018  02:05 PM | Michael De Biasio
MATLAB Runtime Compiler Installation Issue on Mac - DKE Not Working
Hello,

I am currently trying to run DKE on a Mac OSX 10.11. However, the MATLAB Runtime Compiler is not working for me, and I am not sure how to resolve the issue. I have installed both the MATLAB Runtime Compiler, the older version of Java compatible with MATLAB 2013b, and the DKE Software, however whenever I try to execute the command:

~/Desktop/DKE/run_dke.sh /Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Complier_Runtime/v82 ./DKEParameters.dat

I get errors in setting up my environment variables with my DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH. Although I appended the path information required by the MATLAB Runtime Installer to the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable in the run_dke.sh file, I still get an error which looks like:

------------------------------------------
Setting up environment variables
---
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is .:/Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Complier_Runtime/v82/runtime/maci64:/Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Complier_Runtime/v82/
bin/maci64:/Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Complier_Runtime/v82/sys/os/maci64:/Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v82/
runtime/maci64:/Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v82/sys/os/maci64:/Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v82
/bin/maci64:/Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v82/sys/java/jre/maci64/jre/lib/server:/Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v82
/sys/java/jre/maci64/jre/lib:maci64.readme2.cmd=/Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v82/X11/app-defaults

dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
Expected in: /Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v82/sys/java/jre/maci64/jre/lib/libJPEG.dylib
in /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
/Users/michaeldebiasio/Desktop/DKE/run_dke.sh: line 33: 534 Trace/BPT trap: 5 "/Users/michaeldebiasio/Desktop/DKE/dke.app/Contents/MacOS/dke" "./DKEParameters.dat"

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue when installing DKE on Mac, and what steps they took to get around this issue. I have tried installation on Windows and it worked easily, however I would prefer to complete the analysis on a Mac.

Thanks in advance! 
May 17, 2018  03:05 PM | Emilie McKinnon - MUSC
RE: MATLAB Runtime Compiler Installation Issue on Mac - DKE Not Working
Hi Michael,

Are you using version 7.17 ? 

Emilie
May 17, 2018  06:05 PM | Michael De Biasio
Hi Emilie,

I am using version 8.2 (2013b). However, I just downloaded version 7.17 as well and tried it, and I still received the same error.

Thanks,
Michael
May 24, 2018  12:05 PM | Emilie McKinnon - MUSC
Hi Michael, 

Can you resend the error message?  I just want to make sure DKE is "seeing" the correct MCR. 

Thanks, 
Emilie