help > Multislice view only showing 2 slices
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jun 6, 2018  11:06 PM | Sonja Findlater
Multislice view only showing 2 slices
Hello!

I am making some multislice figures to go with some that I made several months ago. (I know that MRIcroGL is a great tool, but I've been using the MRIcron multislice to make comparison figures over time with my data and would like to continue with it!)

I am aiming to make a standard figure with 7 transverse slices overlapping 20%. I am using the May 2016 64BIT version on my Mac (OS 10.13.4 High Sierra). When I select the multislice option, the two most superior of the 7 slices that I have specified (via view -> slices ) appear on the very left of the multislice window. I am pretty sure that when I last tried this in ~Feb of this year, it worked fine. I've attached a screenshot, in case that helps.

Thank you,

Sonja
Jun 7, 2018  05:06 PM | Chris Rorden
RE: Multislice view only showing 2 slices
Sonja-
  Do things look correct if you use the MRIcron pre-release ?
Jun 7, 2018  06:06 PM | Sonja Findlater
Hi Chris,

Thanks for that...
When I try to look at the multi slice with the newer (April 2018) release that you just posted, it the two superior slices appear (same as with the Oct 2016 release). However, this time when I try to add more slices, a message pops up that reads "MRIcron Access violation. Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption [I did press OK and nothing happened]. Press abort to kill the program."
With the Oct 2016 version, I am able to input other slices (though they do not display).
Thanks,
Sonja
Jun 11, 2018  08:06 PM | Chris Rorden
Can you give me a recipe to replicate your problem. For example, this is what I tried, but it seems to work fine on my MacOS 10.11.6 computer:

1.) File/OpenTemplate/ch2Better
2.) Choose Window/Multislice
3.) Choose View/Overslice/20%
4.) Make sure View/OrthogonalView is unchecked
5.) Make sure View/Orient/Axial is selected
5.) Choose View/Slices and enter the seven axial desired axial slices "76, 92, 108, 124, 140, 156, 172, 188, 204, 220, 240" (corresponding to MNI coordinates -32, -24, -16, -8, 0, 8, 16, 24, 32, 40, 50).
Jun 13, 2018  03:06 PM | Sonja Findlater
Hi Chris,

I see what we are doing different!

I have been doing the same steps as you indicated, but I've been selecting the ch2bet template instead of ch2better!
My previous process (on the Oct 2016 MRIcron version):
1) File/open ch2bet
2) choose window/multislice
3) view/overslice -20%
4) ensure view/orthagonal view is unchecked
5) view/orient/axial =selected
6) view/slices - I get a pop up warning and am not able to adjust the slices (although 7 are showing): "MRIcron access violation. Press ignore and risk data corruption. Press abort to kill the program."
However, when I use ch2better in step 1 it works and I do not get the warning. So... out of years of habit of using ch2bet I didn't think to try ch2better...
As an aside, when I do the above steps with the 2018 pre-release you provided and select ch2bet as a template, I do not get the warning, but I still only get the 2 squished slices and am unable to change this.

Again, many thanks for providing MRIcron and thank you for your help with this!