help > Rank deficient
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jun 12, 2018  01:06 PM | john zang
Rank deficient
Dear Prof. Zalesky

When i tried to model the group term in a repeat measure design as well as the subject mean, NBS will always give me a 'rank deficient' warning. Does that mean I have to get rid of the group term if I am not interested in the group effect? Or if I am interested in the group effect, I don't need to model the subject mean?

Thanks a lot!

John
Jun 13, 2018  10:06 PM | Andrew Zalesky
RE: Rank deficient
Hi John,

Group terms should be removed. There is no need to include the group effect in a group by time design where time is the repeated measure. A repeated measures design is not needed to test for a group effect.

Regarding your earlier question, the design matrix looks ok, although it seems you have included two columns for the the linear effect. You only need one of the those columns. The polarity (+1 or -1) of the contract vector will dictate whether the linear effect is a positive or negative correlation. Remember to use exchange blocks for a repeated measures design.

Andrew

Originally posted by john zang:
Dear Prof. Zalesky

When i tried to model the group term in a repeat measure design as well as the subject mean, NBS will always give me a 'rank deficient' warning. Does that mean I have to get rid of the group term if I am not interested in the group effect? Or if I am interested in the group effect, I don't need to model the subject mean?

Thanks a lot!

John
Jun 15, 2018  09:06 AM | zhenxiang zang - CIMH
RE: Rank deficient
Dear Andrew

Thank you for your quick response! Its really helpful

John