open-discussion > Registration for fMRI Analyses Question
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jun 22, 2018  07:06 PM | Shahmeer Hashmat
Registration for fMRI Analyses Question
Hi guys,

I am working through the FSL course material (FSL is an fMRI data analyses program) that provides some slides on basic information about fMRI data processing I have a question about one of the slides, which I have attached with this post.

My question is on the part that says "Also: fsleyes standard highres2standard". What is this trying to say? I am a little confused.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.
Jun 22, 2018  09:06 PM | Jacob Alappatt - University of Pennsylvania
RE: Registration for fMRI Analyses Question
Originally posted by Shahmeer Hashmat:
My question is on the part that says "Also: fsleyes standard highres2standard". What is this trying to say? I am a little confused.

Without context of what 'standard' and 'highres2standard' mean, its hard to determine what this means. I do think that they are just variable names for a standard space template (such as MNI152) and a subject's high resolution T1 MPRAGE, in template space.
FSLEYES is the new viewing interface, available with fsl/5.0.10. So the command "fsleyes standard highres2standard", will launch the viewer and load the 'standard' template as the base image, followed by 'highres2standard' MPRAGE in template space as the overlay.

In addition, I should add that FSL is a suite of tools for image processing, not specific to just fMRI :) . It has tools for image registration , fMRI processing, DWI processing, tractography, and relevant GLM/stats tools too.

I hope that helps!