help > What're the best parameters of ultratracer for lightsheet and fMOST image?
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jun 28, 2018  02:06 AM | Hang Chou
What're the best parameters of ultratracer for lightsheet and fMOST image?
Hello, I'm using ultratracer in centos7 (in vmware) to trace some terafly datasets of lightsheet and fMOST image. My parameters are : 
./start_vaa3d.sh -x ultratracer -f trace_APP2 -i 'XXXXXX' -p 'YYYYYY' 512 1 1 AUTO

My test terafly dataset is just 20GB. CPU is I7 4770K. I put terafly datasets in PC harddisk, so the IO should be OK. Though I run ultratracer in vmware, I notice that ultratracer just use one CPU core and I think the computing speed is the same as native Linux system. I have run 12 hours and it seems need to run for more time. Do you have some ideas to run faster ? Thanks.
Jun 28, 2018  04:06 AM | Zhi Zhou
RE: What're the best parameters of ultratracer for lightsheet and fMOST image?
You can check intermediate results from **tmp_APP2 folder under the same image folder. Normally, you may need to run app2 tracing couple times along under "Plug-In"-->"neuron_tracing"-->"Vaa3D_Neuron2" using different parameters to find the best one for your data. And then you can use ultratracer with app2 as the base tracer. Hope it helps.