help > Calculate framewise displacement Jenkinson
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jul 6, 2018  01:07 PM | Julian Dronse
Calculate framewise displacement Jenkinson
Dear Alfonso, dear all,

is there an easy way to compute FD Jenkinson using the first level realignment covariate for use as a 2nd level covariate in CONN?

Thank you!
Best wishes

Julian
Jul 11, 2018  11:07 AM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Calculate framewise displacement Jenkinson
Dear Julian,

Please try the attached patch using the syntax:

conn_convertl12l1covariate FD_jenkinson

That will create in your CONN project a new 'QC_FDjenkinson' covariate with the Framewise Displacement timeseries (using Jenkinson definition and FSL's defaults, instead of CONN's). See "help conn_convertl12l1covariate" for additional options (the script allows you to use different Sphere radius or center definitions in Jenkinson's FD formulation, use CONN's or Power's formulation instead, etc.) This script is still under development so please let me know if you run into any issues

Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by Julian Dronse:
Dear Alfonso, dear all,

is there an easy way to compute FD Jenkinson using the first level realignment covariate for use as a 2nd level covariate in CONN?

Thank you!
Best wishes

Julian
Attachment: patch180711.zip
Jul 16, 2018  04:07 PM | Julian Dronse
Dear Alfonso,

thank you very much, this works great!

Best wishes

Julian
May 31, 2019  09:05 AM | madeleine
Dear Alfonso, dear all,

I came across this thread and ran the patch, which worked great - I got the FD Power values I was looking for. Thanks so much for this.

However, after running the patch, only the FD variable is listed in the 1st level Covariates; all other covariates are gone (e.g. realignment, scrubbing, QC timeseries). Has anyone noticed this before?

Is there a way to import the missing variables back into the 1st level Covariates, to avoid having to rerun the preprocessing steps? Which are the files that would need to be imported?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

Best wishes,

Madeleine

Originally posted by Alfonso Nieto-Castanon:
Dear Julian,

That will create in your CONN project a new 'QC_FDjenkinson' covariate with the Framewise Displacement timeseries (using Jenkinson definition and FSL's defaults, instead of CONN's). See "help conn_convertl12l1covariate" for additional options (the script allows you to use different Sphere radius or center definitions in Jenkinson's FD formulation, use CONN's or Power's formulation instead, etc.) This script is still under development so please let me know if you run into any issues

Best
Alfonso
Dear Alfonso, dear all,

Thank you!
Best wishes

Julian
May 31, 2019  01:05 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
Dear Madeleine,

Sorry about that, my impression is that the behavior you describe is due to having only uncompressed one of the two files in the patch. To fix this you may simply re-load your CONN project (since any changes performed by this script to your project will not have not been saved yet), then make sure to unzip and copy both files (named conn_convertl12l2covariates.m and conn_module.m) to your conn distribution folder, and then try again. 

Having said that, this patch was really for CONN's release 18a, and in the latest release (18b) this functionality is already part of the main distribution. If you update to 18b, then from the main CONN gui, in the Setup.Covariates.FirstLevel tab, go to the 'covariate tools' menu and select there the option named 'compute new/derived first-level covariates' to find the option that creates FD_jenkinson measures directly without the need for any patch. 

Hope this helps
Alfonso
Originally posted by madeleine:
Dear Alfonso, dear all,

I came across this thread and ran the patch, which worked great - I got the FD Power values I was looking for. Thanks so much for this.

However, after running the patch, only the FD variable is listed in the 1st level Covariates; all other covariates are gone (e.g. realignment, scrubbing, QC timeseries). Has anyone noticed this before?

Is there a way to import the missing variables back into the 1st level Covariates, to avoid having to rerun the preprocessing steps? Which are the files that would need to be imported?

Best wishes,

Madeleine

Dear Julian,

Best
Alfonso
Dear Alfonso, dear all,

Thank you!
Best wishes

Julian
May 31, 2019  02:05 PM | madeleine
Dear Alfonso,

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly!

Unfortunately I've saved the changes to the CONN project. Is there any way of importing the missing variables back? Which files would I need?

FYI - I unzipped conn_convertl12l1covariates.m within the conn distribution folder, but not conn_module.m as there was already a previous version there (from December 2017) - so this could be the problem, as you suggest - I could unzip the newer file next time I run this and see if that improves things.

It's great that this functionality exists in CONN 18b. If I update to this from 18a, will I still be able to access a project I am currently working on? Would this alter my results?

Thanks so much!

Best wishes,

Madeleine

Dear Madeleine,

Sorry about that, my impression is that the behavior you describe is due to having only uncompressed one of the two files in the patch. To fix this you may simply re-load your CONN project (since any changes performed by this script to your project will not have not been saved yet), then make sure to unzip and copy both files (named conn_convertl12l2covariates.m and conn_module.m) to your conn distribution folder, and then try again. 

Having said that, this patch was really for CONN's release 18a, and in the latest release (18b) this functionality is already part of the main distribution. If you update to 18b, then from the main CONN gui, in the Setup.Covariates.FirstLevel tab, go to the 'covariate tools' menu and select there the option named 'compute new/derived first-level covariates' to find the option that creates FD_jenkinson measures directly without the need for any patch. 

Hope this helps
Alfonso
Originally posted by madeleine:
Dear Alfonso, dear all,

Best wishes,

Madeleine

Dear Julian,

Best
Alfonso
Dear Alfonso, dear all,

Thank you!
Best wishes

Julian