questions > Certain Fields Missing in .JSON files
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jul 19, 2018  01:07 PM | Daniel Levitas - Indiana University
Certain Fields Missing in .JSON files
Hello,

I am currently using dcm2niix (version v1.0.20171215 GCC4.4.7 64-bit Linux), and when I opened the .json files corresponding to my functional EPI runs (from Siemens scanner), I noticed that certain fields such as SliceTiming and MultibandAccelerationFactor are missing. I understand that there is a more recent update available, but I have used this version on DTI data and gotten these fields in those .json files. I'm wondering how to extract this information to the .json files if possible.

Thank you for the help.

Dan
Jul 19, 2018  01:07 PM | Chris Rorden
RE: Certain Fields Missing in .JSON files
You may want to upgrade to the latest stable version (currently v1.0.20180622). In general, DICOM data from EPI sequences acquired on a Siemens scanners contains slice timing information, while Philips and GE systems do not store this information. You mention you are using a Siemens system - can you tell me the version and model. For example, for raw DICOM data from the console, you can look at the "SoftwareVersions" tag of the BIDS header, this should be something like "syngo_MR_E11", suggesting generation E version 11. Siemens systems from B11..E11 typically include slice timing. In contrast earlier releases ('VA2006') and the recent XA10 files do not embed slice timing information. If you have an XA10 system, you may want to contact your Siemens research collaboration manager and request that it would be helpful for their systems to store this information for you.
Jul 19, 2018  01:07 PM | Daniel Levitas - Indiana University
RE: Certain Fields Missing in .JSON files
Thanks Chris,

I've tried updating to the most recent version (v.1.0.20180622) in the past, but would keep getting this error because the server I work on lacks an updated version of glibc:
dcm2niix: /lib64/libm.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by dcm2niix)
dcm2niix: /lib64/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by dcm2niix)

Regarding the Siemens scanner, this is the information in the .json files:
"SoftwareVersions": "syngo_MR_E11"
"ManufacturersModelName": "Prisma_fit"

Do I absolutely need to update dcm2niix to the newest version, or would there be a another way since the Siemens scanner seems to have the ability to read slice timing info?