help > Vaa3d build on amazon ec2 library file error
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jul 23, 2018  06:07 PM | Angelynn Simenson
Vaa3d build on amazon ec2 library file error
I am using amazon ec2 with vaa3d and am having trouble with the missing library files error. I have tried to follow the build linux instructions, but I am still having trouble. I am working as root user with v3d_external in that directory and have set the path as export LD_LIBRARY_PATH= ~/v3d_external/v3d_main/common_lib/lib/. I am getting an invalid identifier error. I am not sure if I have a path error or a syntax error, but any help would be appreciated.
Jul 24, 2018  12:07 AM | Zhi Zhou
RE: Vaa3d build on amazon ec2 library file error
The path looks OK.

Can you provide more information about the error? 
Originally posted by Angelynn Simenson:
I am using amazon ec2 with vaa3d and am having trouble with the missing library files error. I have tried to follow the build linux instructions, but I am still having trouble. I am working as root user with v3d_external in that directory and have set the path as export LD_LIBRARY_PATH= ~/v3d_external/v3d_main/common_lib/lib/. I am getting an invalid identifier error. I am not sure if I have a path error or a syntax error, but any help would be appreciated.
Jul 24, 2018  08:07 PM | Angelynn Simenson
This is what I was using and the error I got:

[root@ip... bin]# ./vaa3d
./vaa3d: error while loading shared libraries: libtiff.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[root@ip... bin]# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH= ~/v3d_external/v3d_main/common_lib/lib/
-bash: export: '/root/v3d_external/v3d_main/common_lib/lib/': not a valid identifier

I wrote it into my bashrc as well and got the same error.

Thank you for the help!
Jul 24, 2018  08:07 PM | Zhi Zhou
No space between "=" and '~"

use this one instead: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/v3d_external/v3d_main/common_lib/lib/
Jul 25, 2018  05:07 PM | Angelynn Simenson
Thank you. Sorry it was such a simple mistake. 

Now I am getting a cannot connect to x server error. is that just an internet connection issue?
Jul 26, 2018  04:07 PM | Zhi Zhou
You may have to google it to find the solution. Should be very straightforward. 

Originally posted by Angelynn Simenson:
Thank you. Sorry it was such a simple mistake. 

Now I am getting a cannot connect to x server error. is that just an internet connection issue?