help > NBS view fail with Brainnetome Atlas
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jul 25, 2018  09:07 AM | Ana Maria Triana Hoyos - aalto univerisity
NBS view fail with Brainnetome Atlas
Dear Andrew,

I have been testing the toolbox using NBSrun in Matlab following the instructions in the NBSrun documentation. So far, the toolbox calculates the permutations, but it does not display any results or displays them wrongly.

I am working with the brainnetome atlas (246 ROIs) and I have used the getCOG.m file to generate the coordinates in the MNI space of the Atlas. My matrices are 246*246*66. 

I run the t-test and either the NBSviewer never displays any results and I have to stop the matlab process, or I get this weird visualization where the nodes are wrongly placed (please see attachment).

What could I do to see the results correctly drawn in the viewer?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

-Ana
Attachment: Brainnetome2.png
Jul 25, 2018  12:07 PM | Ana Maria Triana Hoyos - aalto univerisity
RE: NBS view fail with Brainnetome Atlas
Hi Andrew,

I figured out the problem, but I am posting the reply just in case someone has a similar issue.

The AAL atlas used in the example is based on a 1mm voxel dimmension. I was running getCOG.m for a 2mm voxel dimmension Atlas and apparently that is why the results did not match! I run the getCOG.m with a 1mm voxel Atlas and now I get the nodes in their position and not out of the brain.

Thank you.

Best, 

-Ana
Jul 26, 2018  12:07 AM | Andrew Zalesky
RE: NBS view fail with Brainnetome Atlas
Thanks Ana,
I hope this advice will be useful for other users.

Originally posted by Ana Maria Triana Hoyos:
Hi Andrew,

I figured out the problem, but I am posting the reply just in case someone has a similar issue.

The AAL atlas used in the example is based on a 1mm voxel dimmension. I was running getCOG.m for a 2mm voxel dimmension Atlas and apparently that is why the results did not match! I run the getCOG.m with a 1mm voxel Atlas and now I get the nodes in their position and not out of the brain.

Thank you.

Best, 

-Ana