help > Segmentation of Synaptic proteins
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Aug 22, 2018  03:08 AM | Hugo Wang
Segmentation of Synaptic proteins
Hi,

I am working with 3-channel confocal image. One of the channel is a neuron that I am going to reconstruct, the other two channels are immunostained synaptic proteins. I want to segment synaptic proteins so that I can cluster them as putative synapses. I also need to label them and calculate the center of mass and volume of each clusters. Based on the distance between the cluster to my reconstructed neuron and the expected size of my cluster, I can further identify if the putative synapse belongs to the reconstructed neuron. I wondered if there is any plugin can do so in Vaa3D. Or at least, is there a plugin can segment those puncta. 

Cheers,

Hugo
Aug 22, 2018  06:08 AM | Zhi Zhou
RE: Segmentation of Synaptic proteins
You can try plugins under "image_segmentation" menu to segment objects. For other features, you may have to write your own plugin. 
Originally posted by Hugo Wang:
Hi,

I am working with 3-channel confocal image. One of the channel is a neuron that I am going to reconstruct, the other two channels are immunostained synaptic proteins. I want to segment synaptic proteins so that I can cluster them as putative synapses. I also need to label them and calculate the center of mass and volume of each clusters. Based on the distance between the cluster to my reconstructed neuron and the expected size of my cluster, I can further identify if the putative synapse belongs to the reconstructed neuron. I wondered if there is any plugin can do so in Vaa3D. Or at least, is there a plugin can segment those puncta. 

Cheers,

Hugo
Aug 25, 2018  04:08 AM | Hugo Wang
RE: Segmentation of Synaptic proteins
Hi,

I have been trying the segmentation using Label Image Objects plugin. It took me a week to process. Then the program crushed. Has anyone had same problem?

Cheers,

Hugo