help > How to set transparency of Volume ROI
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Aug 23, 2018  03:08 AM | preya - University of Pennsylvania
How to set transparency of Volume ROI
Hi, I am trying to overlay a 3D segmentation onto a brain surface/network in BrainNet Viewer. I am able to choose a color/transparency for the ROI (it's a binary nifti) in the GUI interface, and while the color shows up properly, the transparency does not. How can I assign an alpha value to the ROI, so that I can see the nodes that fall within that ROI?
Aug 24, 2018  05:08 AM | Mingrui Xia
RE: How to set transparency of Volume ROI
Hi,

The adjusting for transparency of roi has been added to the gui yet; however, you can modify the codes. 
Please try edit BrainNet.m, and find function PlotROI1 (~line 1155), PlotROI8 (~line 1172)... where the number corresponding to different layout. 
Then, add the code set(roi,'FaceAlpha',0.5); after each set(roi,'FaceColor',EC.vol.roi.color(i,:)); where 0.5 refers to the transparency and must be between 0 and 1.

Best,
Mingrui
Originally posted by preya:
Hi, I am trying to overlay a 3D segmentation onto a brain surface/network in BrainNet Viewer. I am able to choose a color/transparency for the ROI (it's a binary nifti) in the GUI interface, and while the color shows up properly, the transparency does not. How can I assign an alpha value to the ROI, so that I can see the nodes that fall within that ROI?