help > Neuron Tracer in Vaa3d
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Sep 11, 2018  10:09 AM | sui yuan
Neuron Tracer in Vaa3d
Hi!

I have been trying Vaa3D (v3.458 for Windows) to trace neurons. I found when I open the image stacks (.tif) and then use the smartTracing (Plug-in -> neuron_tracing -> smartTrace) to trace the neurons in the images, Vaa3D make an error: "Failed to read images files." How would I go about doing this?

Any help is much appreciated!

Best,
Jie
Sep 11, 2018  04:09 PM | Zhi Zhou
RE: Neuron Tracer in Vaa3d
I don't have such issue on my Windows machine using v3.458. Could you send this tif image to us for testing? Thanks.

Zhi
Originally posted by sui yuan:
Hi!

I have been trying Vaa3D (v3.458 for Windows) to trace neurons. I found when I open the image stacks (.tif) and then use the smartTracing (Plug-in -> neuron_tracing -> smartTrace) to trace the neurons in the images, Vaa3D make an error: "Failed to read images files." How would I go about doing this?

Any help is much appreciated!

Best,
Jie
Sep 12, 2018  03:09 AM | sui yuan
Thanks for replying me. Here is the test image.
Attachment: Test.tif
Sep 12, 2018  05:09 PM | Zhi Zhou
I don't have such error message. However, smart tracing may not perform good result on this testing image. My suggestion is to try all plugins under neuron_tracing menu and find the best one to use. 

Thanks for replying me. Here is the test image.
Sep 13, 2018  02:09 PM | sui yuan
Thank you for your help. Could you please help me to test another image? I encountered the same problem when testing this image. If you can test it successfully, could you please send me the reconstruction results? Thank you very much!
Attachment: test2.swc
Sep 13, 2018  11:09 PM | Zhi Zhou
Please try different tracing plugins on your testing image. If you have questions about how to use some particular plugins, please let me know. 
Thank you for your help. Could you please help me to test another image? I encountered the same problem when testing this image. If you can test it successfully, could you please send me the reconstruction results? Thank you very much!