help > Zoom and visualisation speed problems
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 7, 2019  10:01 AM | Nils Kalbfuß
Zoom and visualisation speed problems
Hi everyone,

I have a large 3 D image of an adult C. elegans (5.15 GB). The image size is quite unusual (11181 x 800 pixels). I am frustrated, because it takes way too long to go from 1 z position to the next, although I have saved the image as a v3draw file. Are there any ways that would accelerate visualization?

Besides, my objects of interest (centrioles) are very small. If I zoom into the image, the whole image stays very small, which is why I see only a little excerpt of the image (image 1). I realize that I can change the Tri-view zoom. However, whenever I zoom the Tri-view into the correct size, my window becomes too large and the options bar is out of the window, making my analysis difficult (image 2). Besides, I am not able to decrease the overall size of the window. I then minimize my image and expand it again. Then I am able to see the options bar again and it would look perfect for analysis (image 3). However, half of the image is cut away (image 4). Has anyone got ideas how to solve this problem?
In order to make my point clearer, I append the screenshots in a word file.
I use the Vaa3d_V3.20_MacOSX10.9_64bit version on MacOs Sierra 10.12.6.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Best wishes,
Nils
Jan 7, 2019  01:01 PM | Hanchuan Peng
RE: Zoom and visualisation speed problems
Nils,

Use teraFly module can speed up the visualization! Go to main menu -> Advanced -> Big-Image-DATA -> TERAFLY

BEST,
-HANCHUAN

Originally posted by Nils Kalbfuß:
Hi everyone,

I have a large 3 D image of an adult C. elegans (5.15 GB). The image size is quite unusual (11181 x 800 pixels). I am frustrated, because it takes way too long to go from 1 z position to the next, although I have saved the image as a v3draw file. Are there any ways that would accelerate visualization?

Besides, my objects of interest (centrioles) are very small. If I zoom into the image, the whole image stays very small, which is why I see only a little excerpt of the image (image 1). I realize that I can change the Tri-view zoom. However, whenever I zoom the Tri-view into the correct size, my window becomes too large and the options bar is out of the window, making my analysis difficult (image 2). Besides, I am not able to decrease the overall size of the window. I then minimize my image and expand it again. Then I am able to see the options bar again and it would look perfect for analysis (image 3). However, half of the image is cut away (image 4). Has anyone got ideas how to solve this problem?
In order to make my point clearer, I append the screenshots in a word file.
I use the Vaa3d_V3.20_MacOSX10.9_64bit version on MacOs Sierra 10.12.6.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Best wishes,
Nils
Jan 8, 2019  01:01 AM | Nils Kalbfuß
RE: Zoom and visualisation speed problems
Dear Hanchuan,
thanks for your quick reply. However, I still have the problem that I am using the Tri-view panel for the analysis. I tried TeraFly, but this only allows visualisation in the 3D mode. Is there any way to use Terafly in the Tri-view visualisation mode?
Thank you very much for your support!
Best,
Nils