help > second level cov not used until second level analysis stage, correct?
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 9, 2019  08:01 PM | Emily Stern
second level cov not used until second level analysis stage, correct?
Hi Experts,

I ran through setup, denoising, and first level analysis in a large dataset and just realized I made a mistake when specifying one of my second level covariates (questionnaire score). If I go and fix that in the setup area, can I still proceed with going straight to second level analysis?
I am trying to get some confirmation that these second level covariates (unlike first level covariates) are not used anywhere in the processing stream up until that point and that I hopefully do not have to go back and re-run everything.

Thanks for any input!
Emily
Jan 10, 2019  05:01 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: second level cov not used until second level analysis stage, correct?
Hi Emily,

Yes, that is exactly correct, second-level covariates can be created/modified/added at any point, they are not used at all in any of the preprocessing, Setup, Denoising, or First-level Analysis steps (of course any second-level analysis that has been already run and used your previous 'questionaire score' variable will simply need to be re-run in order for the modifications to this variable to be reflected there, that will not happen automatically) 

Hope this helps
Alfonso

Originally posted by Emily Stern:
Hi Experts,

I ran through setup, denoising, and first level analysis in a large dataset and just realized I made a mistake when specifying one of my second level covariates (questionnaire score). If I go and fix that in the setup area, can I still proceed with going straight to second level analysis?
I am trying to get some confirmation that these second level covariates (unlike first level covariates) are not used anywhere in the processing stream up until that point and that I hopefully do not have to go back and re-run everything.

Thanks for any input!
Emily
Jan 10, 2019  09:01 PM | Emily Stern
RE: second level cov not used until second level analysis stage, correct?
Thanks a lot Alfonso - helpful as usual!