help > Preprocessing and co-registering ROI to subject space
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 29, 2019  02:01 PM | Zoe O'Brien-Moran
Preprocessing and co-registering ROI to subject space
Hi Alfonso, 

I want to do an analysis with various ROIs in CONN. I picked the ROIs using WFU picks atlas. I am in the first preprocessing steps and I have an anatomical and functional for a single subject and the ROIs selected from WFUpicks. Could you please let me know what the next steps are for preprocessing and coregistering my ROIs to the subject space with CONN?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Jan 31, 2019  01:01 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Preprocessing and co-registering ROI to subject space
Hi Zoe,

If your ROIs are defined in MNI-space, then any preprocessing pipeline which puts your functional data in MNI-space (e.g. CONN's default preprocessing pipeline) will work. Just to double-check, after running preprocessing go to your ROIs and use the "ROI tools. Slice viewer with functional overlay" option to display your ROIs and functional data together. That should allow you to visually evaluate whether your ROIs are appropriately co-registered to your preprocessed functional data. 

Hope this helps
Alfonso
Originally posted by Zoe O'Brien-Moran:
Hi Alfonso, 

I want to do an analysis with various ROIs in CONN. I picked the ROIs using WFU picks atlas. I am in the first preprocessing steps and I have an anatomical and functional for a single subject and the ROIs selected from WFUpicks. Could you please let me know what the next steps are for preprocessing and coregistering my ROIs to the subject space with CONN?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Feb 7, 2019  05:02 PM | Jen Labus - UCLA
As a quick follow up. Do the ROI or atlas images have to have the same voxel size? Or will CONN "take care of this" ?
Feb 7, 2019  05:02 PM | Jen Labus - UCLA
As a quick follow up,  does the ROI or atlas images have to have the same voxel size? Or will CONN "take care of this" ?