help > RE: extract denoised time courses
Apr 7, 2017  05:04 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: extract denoised time courses
Dear Heidi,

It depends on what summary measure you are hoping to extract. If you want to just get the actual timeseries for each ROI you could specify as your 'source' in REX the nifitDATA*.nii files (optionally created during denoising and containing the denoised timeseries at each voxel). If, instead of the actual timeseries, you would like to extract some other summary measure, then you would simply enter as 'sources' in REX the files that contain those voxel-level measures (for example, if you want to know the average BOLD signal variability within an ROI you could first compute first-level ALFF analyses, which will create a series of volumes containing those voxel-level variability measures, and then use those new BETA_*.nii files as 'sources' in REX to extract the average of those measures within each ROI). Let me know the details of the summary measures you had in mind.

Hope this helps
Alfonso 

Originally posted by Heidi Jacobs:
Dear Alfonso,

Thank you.
I am hoping to get a summary of all subjects and all ROIs without scripting in matlab (not my forte, I am much better with linux). I was hoping that REX could help me with that.
Is there a way to do this with REX? Not sure if REX can read the structure of the mat files?

Additionally, the subject-specific correlations between ROIs (ROI to ROI analyses), are these in the firstlevel folder: ANALYSIS_01/BETA... files?

Many thanks
Best
Heidi

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Heidi Jacobs Apr 2, 2017
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Apr 3, 2017
Heidi Jacobs Apr 4, 2017
RE: extract denoised time courses
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Apr 7, 2017
Heidi Jacobs May 18, 2017
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon May 22, 2017