help > Combining and comparing 2nd level analysis
Aug 11, 2017  06:08 PM
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon
McGovern Institute for Brain Research. MIT
Combining and comparing 2nd level analysis
Hi Sujesh,

Perhaps I am not understanding correctly, but if you have multiple subjects (e.g. experimental and control subjects) and each subject was scanned multiple times (e.g. before and after treatment), and each of these times there were several fMRI runs acquired (e.g. three runs), then you simply need to enter 6 as the number of sessions in CONN (3 before treatment and 3 after treatment), and define Setup.Conditions two conditions of interest (e.g. 'before' and 'after' treatment), and specify there how each of these conditions encompasses three different runs (see for example the manual for additional details). After you do that you should be able to perform all of the analyses that you describe within CONN in the 'second-level results' tab simply by defining the corresponding between-conditions and between-groups contrasts for each analysis.

Hope this helps
Alfonso

Originally posted by sujesh:
I have done 2nd level analysis for a single subject over several sessions (entered in CONN as subjects) and each session having multiple fMRI runs (entered in CONN as sessions). Since I used the SPM.mat for importing data I preserved this structure.

This has been done for both experimental and control subjects.
Now I wish to:
(i) Compare changes in connectivity over time for each subject or group.
(ii) Combine the connectivity network/data for all subjects in the experimental/control group
(iii) Find the differences between groups for the combined connectivity.
Further is there a tool which can take the 2nd level results and perform statistical analyses on them.
Thanks, SS.
reply reply with quote
Threaded View
TitleAuthorDate
Combining and comparing 2nd level analysissujeshAug 10, 2017
      Combining and comparing 2nd level analysisAlfonso Nieto-CastanonAug 11, 2017
             Combining and comparing 2nd level analysissujeshAug 13, 2017