open-discussion > RE: Mrregister and the IIT HARDI template
Oct 12, 2017  07:10 AM
Konstantinos Arfanakis
Illinois Institute of Technology
RE: Mrregister and the IIT HARDI template
Hi Eric,

You are welcome. And thank you for providing all the details.
So here is how I translate your findings. It seems like ANTS based on cross-correlation gives you a good match with the IIT DTI template, while mrregister does not give you a good match for neither the FOD registration to the IIT HARDI template nor the FA registration to the IIT DTI template.
If you try DTI-TK tensor-based (not only FA) registration to the IIT DTI template it should give you an even better match to IIT space (even better than FA-based ANTs). Would it help your project to use that deformation and appropriately reorient the FODs?
Also, did you try registering individual subjects to each other using mrregister? I am wondering if you get the same problem.
To me, your findings show that the issue is specific to mrregister and I hope you get some help from the developers.
If you'd like, you can also send me the data of this subject and we can give it a try. Just send me a google drive link (or similar) to mri at iit.edu

Regards,
Konstantinos
reply reply with quote
Threaded View
TitleAuthorDate
Mrregister and the IIT HARDI templateEric MoultonOct 9, 2017
      RE: Mrregister and the IIT HARDI templateKonstantinos ArfanakisOct 9, 2017
            RE: Mrregister and the IIT HARDI templateEric MoultonOct 9, 2017
                        RE: Mrregister and the IIT HARDI templateEric MoultonOct 9, 2017
                                    RE: Mrregister and the IIT HARDI templateEric MoultonOct 12, 2017
                                          RE: Mrregister and the IIT HARDI templateKonstantinos ArfanakisOct 12, 2017
                                                RE: Mrregister and the IIT HARDI templateEric MoultonOct 13, 2017