open-discussion > RE: Mrregister and the IIT HARDI template
Oct 12, 2017  07:10 AM | Konstantinos Arfanakis - Illinois Institute of Technology
RE: Mrregister and the IIT HARDI template
Hi Eric,

You are welcome. And thank you for providing all the details.
So here is how I translate your findings. It seems like ANTS based on cross-correlation gives you a good match with the IIT DTI template, while mrregister does not give you a good match for neither the FOD registration to the IIT HARDI template nor the FA registration to the IIT DTI template.
If you try DTI-TK tensor-based (not only FA) registration to the IIT DTI template it should give you an even better match to IIT space (even better than FA-based ANTs). Would it help your project to use that deformation and appropriately reorient the FODs?
Also, did you try registering individual subjects to each other using mrregister? I am wondering if you get the same problem.
To me, your findings show that the issue is specific to mrregister and I hope you get some help from the developers.
If you'd like, you can also send me the data of this subject and we can give it a try. Just send me a google drive link (or similar) to mri at iit.edu

Regards,
Konstantinos

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Eric Moulton Oct 9, 2017
Konstantinos Arfanakis Oct 9, 2017
Eric Moulton Oct 9, 2017
Eric Moulton Oct 9, 2017
Eric Moulton Oct 12, 2017
RE: Mrregister and the IIT HARDI template