help > Sample Data Error
May 3, 2018  04:05 PM | Remko van Lutterveld
Sample Data Error
Dear Dr. McLaren,

I'm hoping for your help with the following:

I'm running into an error while running the Sample Data (Matlab 2017a, most recent version SPM12, on a new MacBook). I'm getting an error message identical to "struggling to get SampleData to work on various setups" by O Robinson on Jan 24, 2018 who ran into this issue on a Windows and a Linux machine.

I've followed the recommendations in that thread (checked there is only one pathdef, updating the runOnSampleData.m.Template file with the one attached in that thread and rerunning the bash script), but I keep getting the following error message:

spmpath =
'/Users/VanlutR/MATLAB_addons/spm12'
P =
struct with fields:
subject: 'sampleData_Study'
directory: '/Users/VanlutR/Downloads/NITRC-gppi-Downloads/running_gPPI_generic/sampleData/stats'
VOI: '/Users/VanlutR/Downloads/NITRC-gppi-Downloads/running_gPPI_generic/rmedPrecCing.nii'
Region: 'rmedPrec'
analysis: 'psy'
method: 'cond'
Estimate: 1
contrast: 0
extract: 'eig'
Tasks: {1×13 cell}
Weights: []
equalroi: 1
FLmask: 0
CompContrasts: 1
Contrasts: [1×2 struct]
Log File: sampleData_Study_PPPI_5_3_2018_3.log
PPPI Version: 13.1.4-17-2014
Parameters used:
Processing subject: sampleData_Study
VOI file : /Users/VanlutR/Downloads/NITRC-gppi-Downloads/running_gPPI_generic/rmedPrecCing.nii
Output file will be: sampleData_Study_rmedPrec_session#_cond_PPI_regressors.txt
Contrast : No adjustment
Analysis : Psychophysiological Interactions
Extraction : eigenvariate
Tasks : _0_etoh_on_onsets_run1_etoh_off_onsets_run1_etoh_urge_onsets_run1_attn_on_onsets_run1_attn_off_onsets_run1_attn_urge_onsets_run1_etoh_on_onsets_run2_etoh_off_onsets_run2_etoh_urge_onsets_run2_attn_on_onsets_run2_attn_off_onsets_run2_attn_urge_onsets_run2
Method : Condition Specific
VOI has 549 voxels in 3x3x3 space
VOI has 549 voxels in 3x3x3 space. This is in the the same space as the input data and functional mask.
Operands to the || and && operators must be convertible to logical scalar values.
Error in dlmwrite (line 133)
useVectorized = realdata && precnIsNumeric && ~contains('%\',dlm) ...
Error in PPPI (line 861)
Error in runOnSampleData (line 49)
PPPI(P, ['/Users/VanlutR/Downloads/NITRC-gppi-Downloads/running_gPPI_generic' filesep 'sampleData' filesep
'stats' filesep 'gPPI_sampleDataTest.mat']);
Operands to the || and && operators must be convertible to logical scalar values.
Error in rmiml.visibleInToolstrip
Error in rmiml.visibleInToolstrip

Kind regards,

Remko van Lutterveld
Senior Research Scientist
UMass Medical School

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Sample Data Error
Remko van Lutterveld May 3, 2018
Remko van Lutterveld May 24, 2018