questions > RE: converting Philips xml/REC to NIFTI
May 23, 2018  01:05 PM | Chris Rorden
RE: converting Philips xml/REC to NIFTI
My software does not support xml/REC. Philips has deprecated the PAR/REC, but now provides researchers with a direct NIfTI conversion as well as well-specified DICOM files. My software will handle Philips DICOM, but I do not have the time to add support for xml/REC. As far as I know, none of the popular PAR/REC->NIfTI converts (dicm2nii, R2A_GUI, dcm2niix, etc) have supported the xml/REC format. I think your options are 1.) search the web for a tool that supports xml/REC (and if you find one, tell me), 2.) use Philips DICOM or direct NIfTI instead of xml/REC, 3.) Make your own xml/REC converter (you could start with a open source PAR/REC converter like dcm2niix and dicm2nii and share your results with the community with a pull request). A promising avenue might be to contact Alexander Leemans who has developed exploreDTI - I believe his project is closed source, but it is matlab based, and if he is willing to share his xml/REC parser you could bolt that onto dicm2nii without too much effort.

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Julien Besle May 23, 2018
Julien Besle May 30, 2018
Yimei Cao Jan 13, 2022
Chris Rorden Jan 13, 2022
Chris Rorden May 30, 2018
Chris Rorden May 30, 2018
Julien Besle May 25, 2018