help > RE: Parallel Processing for QA Plots??
Jun 21, 2018  07:06 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Parallel Processing for QA Plots??
Hi

Sorry about that, we are in fact working on adding that capability to future releases. The main difficulty is that in many scenarios cluster nodes cannot be expected to have any graphic capabilities at all, which adds some level of complexity to this implementation (unfortunately not all current plots in CONN are supported by Matlab's "terminal emulation" mode -which emulates graphic capabilities when no window system is found). If you know that this is not an issue in your case (e.g. you are using parallelization across multiple cores in your own machine) let me know and I will send you a patch that allows you to run QA plots using batch commands (and use the standard batch parallelization options when doing so). 

Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by jwrenjarvis:
Hello,
Is there an option to do the QA plots in parallel. My lab is working with fairly large datasets - hundreds of subjects and we've been able to leverage the hpc parallel computing for preprocessing/denoising but don't see the option for QA plots. Thus it would literally take us days to complete the QA for all the subjects.

I would really appreciate info on how to speed this up if possible.
Is there a setting I've been missing and if not is this something that may be in development for future versions?

Thanks In Advance

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
jwrenjarvis Jun 20, 2018
RE: Parallel Processing for QA Plots??
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Jun 21, 2018