help > Interpretation of Dynamic ICA Components
Aug 21, 2018  10:08 AM | Jivesh Ramduny
Interpretation of Dynamic ICA Components
Hi All,

I am performing resting-state dynamic functional connectivity with 4 groups of participants and using 10 independent components. In the Summary Components, I have 10 spatial components and if I choose one component to analyse, for example, by understanding the ROI-to-ROI connectivity, I see that there are some connections in the dendrograms for this specific circuit (i..e circuit-3) which are not present in the spatial component (i.e. circuit-3). Hence, I was wondering if you could correct me in my understanding of dynamic ICA in CONN. I interpret the results as that the dynamic modulation of functional connectivity is given by the function of the presence or absence of certain states, which are reflected in the timeseries. Thus, the time course may represent patterns of connectivity when the correlation of the ROIs change depending on the gPPI, in this case, since it is resting-state fMRI, it would depend on the power of the presence of the network/circuit.

I would be grateful if you could assist me in confirming whether the above is correct. Thank you.