help > MATLAB and MRIcron flipped images
Sep 11, 2018  07:09 PM | sjack
MATLAB and MRIcron flipped images
Hello,

I am having issues viewing scans in MATLAB vs MRIcron. I view images in MATLAB using the loadimage('scan.img') and I use the scan.hdr to view in MRIcron. The issue is that for some images, MRIcron will display the flipped version (ie the right half of the brain is now the left, and the left half of the brain is now the right). In MATLAB, the function interp3 will interpolate the image but also flip its orientation only in MRIcron and not MATLAB. This is the same for some other functions as well. As you can imagine, it is very frustrating to process images without seeing the correct orientation in MRIcron. This is also very problematic for drawing ROIs, as these may be drawn on the incorrect side. I am still getting used to MATLAB and MRIcron so I really do not know why this is the case. My only thought it that the .hdr file could contain different data than the .img file.

To sum up: Does anyone know why MRIcron is showing a flipped image as compared to in MATLAB? If so, how can I get it to read it correctly?

Thanks!

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
MATLAB and MRIcron flipped images
sjack Sep 11, 2018
Chris Rorden Sep 12, 2018