help > Registration/Estimation error
Nov 6, 2018  03:11 PM | Geoff Green - The Ohio State University
Registration/Estimation error
Good morning,

I have a two-fold question about the NIRS_SPM preprocessing/estimation errors.

I am running into a "time out" error during the registration phase of NIRS_SPM data analysis when loading the origin and other files. These coordinates are coming from our Polhemus digitizer, and whenever I load them, the program just times out or stalls and stays on this screen (image attached). When I finally press "control + c" matlab gives this error (image attached). I know this error is simply because I quit midway, but this is the only thing I have to go off of because the initial error that makes the program stall seems to be a silent error.

Do you have any idea how to get past this so that I can convert into MNI space?

One thing I did was using a modified nfri_estimation code "nfri_estimation_modifiedY" created by Dr. Xian Zheng at Yale.  This code works, as I am able to get the rendered brain with the optodes and channels registered.  However, when I use this code, it is even tried going into the NIRS_SPM codes and removing all the nfri_estimation codes for the nfri_estimation_modifiedY code that worked independently, however, it does not work within the program.  So, when I do the registration independent of the rest of the program using the external modified registration code, I am able to move on to the rest of the analysis but I get an error when it comes time for estimation (image attached).

Any idea on why I am running into these errors? Most importantly, the timeout error because if I can figure that out, then there should be no reason to try and substitute new code within the program, possibly allowing me to bypass the 2nd error at the estimation stage.

I just realized that the forum will only allow me to attach one file, so I have put the attachments in one word document in the order they appear in my post (top to bottom).
Attachment: nirs_spm_forum.docx