help > RE: Appearance of surface clusters fromSPMT map
Nov 21, 2018  05:11 PM | Matt Wall - Imanova Ltd.
RE: Appearance of surface clusters fromSPMT map
Originally posted by Isabella Breukelaar:
Hi Chris,

Thanks for all the info so far. Have really been enjoying playing with this tool. The one thing I'm yet to figure out is how to get images to appear completely wrapped around the surface of the brain as in the attached examples. Do you have any idea how this would have been done? 

Thank you,
Isabella

Hi Isabella,

I created the top image in the picture you attached to your last message. Somewhat annoyingly, I haven't been able to reproduce it exactly. Particularly I can't work out at all how I got the slightly pinkish/brownish colour of the background/anatomical image. Maybe I changed the colour temperature in photoshop or something afterwards? I'm not sure... Anyway, attached is a screenshot of the MRIcroGL window, which should show you some of the settings I tend to use to produce something similar. I think the wrapping of the overlay on the surface is partly dependent on the overlay; if there's lots of clusters close to the surface then it will paint it on the surface, if your activation clusters are deeper, then it won't. This attached images was created with the default motor.nii.gz overlay which comes with MRIcroGL, and the background image is the mni152_2009_256.nii.gz image.

Hope that helps...

Matt.

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Isabella Breukelaar Nov 15, 2018
Chris Rorden Nov 15, 2018
Isabella Breukelaar Nov 19, 2018
Jason Craggs Nov 19, 2018
Chris Rorden Nov 19, 2018
Isabella Breukelaar Nov 21, 2018
Chris Rorden Nov 23, 2018
Chris Rorden Nov 23, 2018