open-discussion > RE: Light-sheet users and experience with automatic tracing?
Dec 4, 2018  05:12 PM | James Wilsenach - University of Oxford
RE: Light-sheet users and experience with automatic tracing?
Hi Hanchuan

Thanks for your interest, I am running the CentOS v3.458 version of Vaa3D on a Fedora machine. My problems with APP2 has been that the method under default or auto thresholding parameter settings seems to produce either one huge node in the former case or an overly thick arbor with some incorrect branching and a number of thin, spurious branches that all seem to line-up in parallel (screenshot of swc and max Z projection attached). Perhaps this could be improved by increasing the threshold further? Adding markers has not proven successful yet and has lead to arbors that ignore branches entirely and only go through marker points. I am trying to avoid manual curation however so this is not too concerning. I am not expecting perfect results from APP2 with my test image however as the soma of the single cell I am imaging is just out of field.

For other plugins  I often received plugin failed to run or other messages. For instance, when attempting to run TreMap I get:

open file [/..._tmp/group_one.raw_group_1.swc] failed!

Or when using one of the distance field methods I get for instance:

The plugin fails to run [Other method 2: dfs]. Check your plugin code please.

Or running Rivulet 2:

Making Gradients of Time Crossing Map...The plugin fails to run [tracing]. Check your plugin code please.

The plugins appear to be intact and available (github, pre-compiled version). Per another post on the site I had to re-name the libstdc++.so.6 file to default to the system version. Could other incompatibilities like this be the source?

http://nitrc1.rssing.com/browser.php?ind...

Here is a link to the input tif file:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kind regards
James
Attachment: app2_and_Zproj.zip

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Vytas Z Jul 11, 2018
James Wilsenach Dec 3, 2018
Hanchuan Peng Dec 3, 2018
RE: Light-sheet users and experience with automatic tracing?
James Wilsenach Dec 4, 2018
James Wilsenach Jul 1, 2019