help > RE: Reporting NBS results beyond p-values
Apr 19, 2019  12:04 AM | Andrew Zalesky
RE: Reporting NBS results beyond p-values
Hi Lizzie,

I suggest extracting the connectivity values for the connections comprising the significant components identified with the NBS. The NBS manual provides instructions on how to do this.

You could then show boxplots (between-group differences) or scatter plots (correlations) of the average connectivity across all connections comprising the component. Your plots could show confidence intervals, for example, to serve as an additional statistic.

You could also report an effect size. Once again, this can be achieved by averaging the test_stat values across the significant connections and dividing by the square root of the number of subjects, which yields Cohen's d (assuming that you are using a t-statistic). 

Andrew

Originally posted by Lizzie Shephard:
Dear Andrew

I have a paper under review reporting NBS networks that are associated with behavioural variables. One of the reviewers has asked for additional statistical test results beyond p-values. I wondered whether it would be appropriate to sum the test_stat values for the significant connections and report those, or report the range of values? Or is there something else I could report?

Many thanks
Lizzie

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Lizzie Shephard Apr 18, 2019
Alessio Bellato May 19, 2019
Andrew Zalesky May 20, 2019
RE: Reporting NBS results beyond p-values
Andrew Zalesky Apr 19, 2019
Lizzie Shephard Apr 19, 2019