help > Statistical significance
May 21, 2019  03:05 PM | hannasofia - Gothenburg university
Statistical significance
Hi Dr Nieto-Castanon

I took you course a few weeks ago in Boston, thank you for your time there. I didn't manage to ask you a question during the week so I hope that you might be able to answer it here.

In my project, I want to see if it is more likely that patients with an event have a significant difference in network connectivity between MPFC and PCC within the default mode network.

In 2nd lvl analysis: In Subjects effect have a variable called group, which are coded 1=event and 2=no event. I then choose Effect of group (Between subjects contrast). As seed I have MPFC, and target is PCC. For Subjects effects I have merged AllSubjects and group.

Please see attached file for a print screen.

Am I doing it right? I'm looking for the p-value to see if there's a significant difference in the connectivity between the two groups. I have already seen that the connectivity is different in the two group when I look at the groups separately. But perhaps I shouldn't do one analysis for the connectivity in now group, and then another analysis to receive the p-value when comparing the two groups?

Thank you in advance,
Hanna Eriksson

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Statistical significance
hannasofia May 21, 2019
Chris Rorden May 21, 2019