users > Applying transformation matrix from dof2mat to a traced neuron (swc) file
Jun 17, 2019  07:06 PM | Zane Aldworth
Applying transformation matrix from dof2mat to a traced neuron (swc) file
Hi,

I'm having problems applying the transform matrix from dof2mat to traced neurons.
A little background for my problem:  we're trying to trace neurons from many different insect brains in different alignments.  Since brain registration usually involves a decrease in image resolution, we'd like to trace the neurons in the original images, perform the registration to a template brain, and then apply the transformation matrix from said registration to the traced neuron.

The dof2mat seems to be the correct tool, however when I apply the matrix to my swc file (in Matlab), the traced neuron is significantly off from transformed image.  The misalignment is beyond just a simple translation, and appears to consist of both rotation and shear errors.

Are there any known issues that would cause the error with this workflow?  Should I instead be trying to sequentially apply the translation/rotation/scale/shear matrices from the xform file?  If so, what are the units on these sub matrices (radians on the rotation matrix, microns on the translation, etc?)

Thanks!

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Applying transformation matrix from dof2mat to a traced neuron (swc) file
Zane Aldworth Jun 17, 2019
Greg Jefferis Jun 18, 2019
Zane Aldworth Jun 18, 2019
Greg Jefferis Jun 18, 2019
Torsten Rohlfing Jun 18, 2019
Zane Aldworth Jun 18, 2019