sdm-help-list > Compare Effect Sizes/SDM Estimates
Aug 23, 2019  06:08 PM | Jack Rogers - University of Birmingham
Compare Effect Sizes/SDM Estimates
Dear Experts, 

I should preface this query by saying that we used Seed-based d Mapping to carry out our analysis, and not the recently listed SDM-PSI version 6.12 (great see this new version released). 

In a subgroup analysis we demonstrate that the results replicate the findings from the whole group analysis, but with larger effect sizes (SDM estimates) for the subgroup analyses (as might be expected). We would like to use this pattern of results to suggest that the subgroup analysis is essentially 'driving' the findings from the whole group analysis. However, we worry about the validity of this claim without accounting for whether the effect sizes for the subgroup findings significantly differ (or not) from the effect sizes reported in the whole group analysis. Is it appropriate to directly compare the effect sizes/SDM estimates  from these two analyses statistically in this way to see how they differ in a more quantitative manner?

In a not unrelated point, we are also wondering about how best to calculate statistical power for our meta-analysis within the context of the SDM framework (i.e. using the effect sizes/SDM estimates?), as has been described previously for off-line analysis (link below). 

https://towardsdatascience.com/how-to-ca...

Many thanks for your help with this matter. I am conscious of the fact that these queries border on the empirical and not just the methodological. 
Kind regards, 
Jack

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Compare Effect Sizes/SDM Estimates
Jack Rogers Aug 23, 2019
Joaquim Radua Aug 27, 2019
STEPHANE DE BRITO Aug 28, 2019
STEPHANE DE BRITO Aug 28, 2019