help > Setup issue when having multiple sessions per subject
Nov 19, 2019  01:11 AM | willx18 - McGill University
Setup issue when having multiple sessions per subject
Hello conn users,

I am a newbie in conn toolbox, and just encountered an issue during the Setup step. My data consist of 30 subjects, 4 sessions per subject. After preprocessing, all the info was (supposedly) correctly entered in Setup. But, once clicked "Done", the interface was frozen at "Step 4/7: Importing functional data", and the progress dot/bar didn't move at all.

I'm not sure what causes the problem, since there's no error message shown up. Maybe the data is too large? (it's acquired via a multi-band sequence, about 2GB per session). I have tried to use only one session and a single subject, and the whole Setup procedure was fairly fast. But as long as I increased more than one session, the frozen situation came back. I'm running the analysis on my laptop (mac system), while switching to a Mac or other PC didn't change anything so far.

So i'm wondering Is this a normal situation to wait insanely for importing functional data? Or multi-sessions are too large for conn to handle at once? What should I do to work around this?

Thanks very much,
William Xu.