help > RE: Multithread support for basic manual tracing tools?
Dec 3, 2019  06:12 PM | Hanchuan Peng
RE: Multithread support for basic manual tracing tools?
Logan,

That's an excellent observation that we used the multi-threads a long time ago. Unfortunately as of now we do not have that tool supported.

The TeraFlysystem uses multithread in some situations and that might help you, if you haven't tried it.

Best,
-Hanchuan

Originally posted by Logan Morrison:
Hello,

I've been using Vaa3D on Windows 10 for a few months now, and I've noticed that many of the basic functions for neuron editing are not configured for parallel processing on a multi-core CPU. This means that only one core on our lab's 7-core machines are being used during manual tracing, which causes some tools to be very slow. This is especially true for the "Series of right-clicks to define a 3D curve" and the "1-right-stroke to define a 3D curve (global optimal)" tools, which tend to be more accurate. 

I noticed that there was some previous work on a multithread imaging-opening tool that was eventually scrapped. Would it be possible to introduce multithread support for the two manual tracing tools I mentioned? It would greatly help our lab's throughput for manual tracing.

Thank you,

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Logan Morrison Oct 15, 2019
RE: Multithread support for basic manual tracing tools?
Hanchuan Peng Dec 3, 2019