help > RE: Connectivity within a whole network
Dec 6, 2019  03:12 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Connectivity within a whole network
Hi Izem,

To look at associations between your "binding potential" second-level covariate and functional connectivity values simply select 'AllSubjects' and 'BindingPotential' in the "subject-effects" list and then enter a between-subjects contrast [0 1]. Those analyses will be performed separately between each pair of seed and target ROIs. If you want to compute aggregated connectivity measures (e.g. within- or between- networks), sorry that is not an option available directly from the GUI but you may still do that by first selecting the same "subject-effects" as above and then running the command conn_withinbetweenROItest from Matlab's command-line in order to define your groups of ROIs and compute the associated statistics (e.g. looking at the association between your "binding potential" second-level covariate and the average connectivity between all ROIs within DMN).

Hope this helps
Alfonso 
Originally posted by izem:
Hello,

I would want to compare the functional connectivity within the Default Mode Network depending on my variable 'Binding Potential'.
What I want to get ultimately is a scatter plot with x-axis: binding potential and y-axis DMN connectivity.

What I did:
- In Setup > Covariates 2nd level, I added my covariate "binding potential" for my 33 subjects
- In first-level analyses> ROI-to-ROI/Seed-to-voxel > Seeds/Sources, I selected my targets (i.e. the four 'networks.DefaultMode.xxx')

But in the second-level analyses, I can't find a way to get the statistics of, let's say, the "average" of the network depending on my covariate. That is the global F-stats for the whole network.

Hope I am being clear here.
Thank you in advance!

Izem

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
izem Dec 2, 2019
RE: Connectivity within a whole network
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Dec 6, 2019